shakedown adj : intended to test a new system under operating conditions and to familiarize the operators with the system; "a shakedown cruise"
1 initial adjustments to improve the functioning or the efficiency and to bring to a more satisfactory state; "the new industry's economic shakedown"
2 a very thorough search of a person or a place; "a shakedown by the police uncovered the drugs"
3 extortion of money (as by blackmail)
Shakedown may refer to:
Titles* "Shakedown (Bob Seger song)", a number-one single in 1987 by Bob Seger
- "Shakedown", a song by Australian punk band Behind Crimson Eyes
- "Shakedown Street", a song by the psychedelic rock band The Grateful Dead
- "Shakedown", a song by Blondie on the album The Curse of Blondie
- "Shakedown" (Album), the debut album by UK Dance Duo The Freemasons
- "Shakedown!", the debut album by the punk/synth rock band theSTART
- "Nervous Shakedown", a song by AC/DC on their Flick of the Switch album
- The Shakedown (1929 film) directed by William Wyler
- Shakedown (1950 film) directed by Joseph Pevney
- The Shakedown (1959 film) directed by John Lemont
- Shakedown (1988 film), a crime action movie starring Peter Weller and Sam Elliott
- Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans, a 1995 made-for-video dramatic spin-off of Doctor Who
- Shakedown, the novelisation of 'Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans by Terrance Dicks
- Shakedown: Exposing the Real Jesse Jackson'' by Kenneth R. Timmerman
shakedown in Japanese: シェイクダウン